Christmas Presents (Part II) - Weihnachtsgeschenke (Teil 2)


Dear friends,


I'm not getting on well with the Christmas presents – got sidetracked by other projects...

Luckily enough these present just needed the buttons sewn on (since two weeks though).



I've got the idea from Heather's lovely Blog “The Patchwork Heart”. She makes such gorgeous hot-water bottles one simply has to fall in love with. Mine aren't as nice as hers but I was happy to put that new granny into use.


I'll keep in touch!

P.S.: Truth be told: I thoroughly dislike sewing on buttons (maybe not quite as much as I dislike ironing, but close). Don't know why though as I've never been bitten by any buttons. I simply do not like sewing them onto anything – humans are funny creatures, aren't they?



Liebe Freunde,


zur Zeit geht es nicht wirklich voran mit den Weihnachtsgeschenken – ich bin mal wieder abgelenkt durch andere Projekte...

Zum Glück fehlten bei diesen nur die Knöpfe (und das schon seit zwei Wochen).


Die Idee habe ich bei Heather von „The Patchwork Heart“ gemopst. Zugegeben, ihre Wärmflaschen sind wesentlich hübscher, aber ich hab's nicht so mit den ganz einfachen Grannies. Da kam mein neuestes Granny gerade recht!


Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!

P.S.: Um die Wahrheit zu sagen, ich hasse Knöpfe annähen. Vielleicht nicht gar so sehr, wie ich bügeln hasse, aber fast. Ich weiß auch nicht weshalb. Schließlich wurde ich noch nie von einem Knopf gebissen. Ich mag es einfach nicht – Menschen sind schon komische Wesen, nicht?
  

Kommentare

  1. Lovely colors and patterns !!!!
    Have a cosy day !
    Anna

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Marjan they are gorgeous, just as nice as Heather's on Patchwork Heart :) I love the colours, and the buttons are fab (even if they were fiddly :)
    Jillxo

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, dear Jill.
      Even though the pictures are fine, the colours are still much nicer in reality. Maybe I should make a hot-water botlle cover without buttons...
      Have a lovely day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  3. Liebe Marjan, wunderschön!
    Die Grannys sind so richtig hübsch und Deine Farbauswahl perfekt. Da hast Du tolle Weihnachtsgeschenke geschaffen. Eine super Idee!
    Ich wünsche Dir eine schöne Adventszeit und viel SPaß weiterhin beim häkeln, ich gucke immer gerne beie Dir ein.
    Liebe Grüße von der Insel Rügen

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen, lieben Dank, liebe Mandy!
      Die Farben sehen in echt sogar noch besser aus - bin fototechnisch halt keine Meisterin. Und wenn die Beschenkten noch glücklich sind, dann bin ich auch zufrieden.
      Eine schöne Adventszeit auf der wunderschönen Insel!
      Marjan

      Löschen
  4. Hallo meine liebe Marjan,
    die "angezogenen" Wärmflaschen sehen ja toll aus! Was für eine coole Idee.... die Farben, aber auch die Knöpfe gefallen mir ausgesprochen gut. Die Beschenkten freuen sich ganz bestimmt darüber.
    Ich wünsche Dir noch eine schöne Adventswoche
    Ganz ♥liche Grüße
    Karin

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen lieben Dank, liebe Karin,
      ich hoffe mal, dass die Beschenkten sich freuen (und wenn nicht nehme ich die Wärmflaschen einfach wieder mit Heim ;-) ).
      Genieße den Tag,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  5. Wat een leuk idee, dit heb ik nog niet eerder gezien, maar ze zijn prachtig!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I think they are wonderful! Lovely colours and a great gift!
    PS: I don't like to sew on buttons either, it's because you have to do it thoroughly and it's such a tiny work I guess.
    Have a nice day, sigrid

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Sigrid,
      maybe that's why we don't like sewing on buttons. And because it always takes so long to get it over and done with...
      Enjoy your day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  7. What a lovely idea for a Christmas present Marjan. Your hot water bottles just make me want to snug up with them all night long.I never learnt how to crochet, but my Ouma made me a little crochet blanket when I was still a child and it's started unraveling, so it's in the cupboard for safe keeping. I might just haul it out this Christmas and save what I can to make one of these. Thanks for the lovely idea

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, Michelle.
      I've got a bedspread my granny made and I cherish it too. We've got it on our bed in summer only. Do take care of the blanket your granny made. It's so precious!
      Enjoy the new week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  8. Marjan quit complaining about buttons. I could easily complain about those crochet hooks. Haha! Love these gifts here they are so pretty and the buttons (shhh) add so much to the look!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello Mary,
      I'll do the crochet part - you can sew the buttons on. Deal? ;-)
      Have a lovely evening,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  9. These are beautiful, what a thoughtful gift they make. Popping over from The Real Crafty Link Party

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, Fiona.
      I'm making a few more (just in case I've forgotten anyone), trying out some more colour-variations and it's fun really, cause this really is something everybody can use.
      Have a lovely day,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  10. Congratulations for being second in my link up last week. Thank you for sharing. A New party is open now

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. They are gorgeous and will make wonderful gifts! Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party this week! Pinned!

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. I love these hot water bottle covers and would like to make one but I can't figure out where to get the pattern, please help,

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello,
      I'll write the pattern for the grannies soon. That isn't quite a hot-water bottle, but it would be a start. So: Stay tuned...
      Have a lovely day,
      Marjan

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts